THE WORMBURNER INVITATIONAL WAS ESTABLISHED IN 2015. THIS YEARS EVENT WILL BE PLAYED ON JULY 20th, 2019 AND WILL FEATURE 48-60 OF ORANGE COUNTY’S MOST AVERAGE GOLFERS; WITH HANDICAPS RANGING FROM 1 TO 35. THIS ANNUAL EVENT IS PLAYED AS A 4-MAN SCRAMBLE TOURNAMENT THAT CONSISTS OF 18 HOLES OF WORLD –CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF. ALONG THE WAY YOU WILL FIND ONE LONG DRIVE CHAMPIONSHIP HOLE, AS WELL AS ONE CLOSEST TO THE PIN CONTEST. JOIN US AFTER THE ROUND TO ENJOY FOOD AND DRINKS, RAFFLE PRIZES, AND THE TROPHY PRESENTATION. HERE AT WORMBURNER WE TAKE OUR GOLF SERIOUSLY ; BUT IF YOU’RE NOT HAVING FUN, YOU’RE NOT PLAYING WITH US!
A favorite of Orange County Golfers, this Arthur Hills designed par 72 layout stretches up to 6,756 challenging yards and incorporates several water features including a stunning waterfall off the 18th green, slight elevation changes, rolling hills, strategic bunkering and the incredible vistas overlooking coastal Orange & Los Angeles Counties, including portions of the Newport Beach Coast and Catalina Island.
1. Scramble means that all four team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best.
2. The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the chosen tee shot.
3. This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole, including putts. The ball should be marked on the putting green.
4. Putts need to be made within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score.
5. If the ball you choose to play is in the rough, a hazard (sand, water, etc.), or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length away.
6. Each team must use minimum of two tee shots per player.
1. Please rake all marks made in Sand Bunkers and fix your divots.
2. Leave the putting green as soon as you have holed. We need to do our best in keeping this tournament moving!
3. Do not play until the players in front of you are out of range.
4. Please observe all local course rules.
5. If your team is double par for the hole, pick up the ball and move to the next hole.
6. Yes, drinking is allowed by those of legal drinking age, but please be responsible!
RAFFLE WITH PRIZES
Awards: 1st Place; 2nd Place; 3rd Place Teams
Closest to the Pin ( FROM THE BLACKS )
Longest Drive and Hole-in One. ( FROM THE BLACKS )
Closest to the Pin: If your tee shot is closest to the Pin/Hole, measure with measuring tape and write your name on the marker card at the green.
Longest Drive: If your drive is the longest, write your name on the marker card and place the marker in the ground on the spot where your ball lays. Once the marker has been placed in the ground, it should stay there until someone else makes a drive longer than yours. Only drives which remain in the fairway count.